Welcome to the old website for
Celtic Knot Crochet -


Everything that was here plus oodles of NEW content including more Celtic Knot designs, FREE crochet patterns, links to video tutorials and MORE! has now moved to:




www.celticknotcrochet.com




Please popover and visit us there!
Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bonnie Barker - Crochet Cables

While I was at the Knit and Crochet Show this past summer, I met a wonderful woman named Bonnie.  She is a homeschool mom like me and makes beautiful designs using crocheted cables while taking inspiration from the Aran Isles of Ireland.  In fact, she just visited Ireland this past fall and has posted some of her photos on her website:  www.bonniebay.com


If you receive Red Heart's E-Newsletters, you may have already seen one of Bonnie's fantastic designs in the current: 12 Weeks of  (free) Christmas Patterns.  Her design was featured in Week 2 and is called the "Holiday Cable Throw".

Holiday Cables Throw It can be found here:  http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/holiday-cables-throw

Bonnie recently posted a blog about her pattern here:

 http://www.redheart.com/blog/help-holiday-cables-throw-bonnie-barker-guest-bloggerdesigner

and she has great video tutorials on her website.

Over the summer I watched one of her videos to learn how to do her "Celtic Weave".

I had admired this stitch while seeing some of Bonnie's designs at the Knit and Crochet Show Fashion Show and Design Competition and was eager to try it out.  I used Lion Brand's Homespun yarn in one of my favorite colorways.  (Bonnie uses Homespun often for her designs.)



I have always been drawn to crocheted and knitted cables because of how they are woven like Celtic Knots.  I think I will turn this swatch into a simple drawstring bag to hold some of my crochet notions.

No comments:

Post a Comment