Photos and tips for Weaving the Celtic Knot in the
by Jennifer E Ryan
Published in Interweave Crochet - Spring 2013
1. Gather supplies needed to weave the knot as listed in the pattern
**Please note that the cords shown in these photos are wider, shorter and different colors than what the pattern indicates to make it easier to see the knot path**
2. Pin the center of one cord to the * on the Knot Diagram.
3. Starting with the left side of the cord, lay the cord along the path of the knot following the red arrows. Secure with pins as you go.
4. Now with the right side of the cord, lay the cord along the path of the knot following the black arrows. Secure with pins as you go.
**In photos below the right side of the contrasting cord color (light blue) is shown being woven in the direction of the black arrows to make it easier to see the knot's path**
5. Complete weaving the knot with second cord - laying it below the first cord and following the red and black arrows (as for the first cord)
6. Remove all pins and adjust knot so that loops are even and so that there are no spaces between the cords.
Follow remaining finishing steps as written in the instructions.