Welcome to the old website for
Celtic Knot Crochet -


Everything that was here plus oodles of NEW content including more Celtic Knot designs, FREE crochet patterns, links to video tutorials and MORE! has now moved to:




www.celticknotcrochet.com




Please popover and visit us there!
Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

DIY Wedding Projects - Interweave Crochet

 
Inside this summer issue of Interweave Crochet are SIX DIY wedding projects that I designed.  In addition to the instructions for each project, I also wrote an article detailing how to incorporate these projects into your wedding and how to get them finished in time for the big day.
 
You can find this magazine in bookstores and craft stores now or on-line here.
 
Here are 3 of the designs (Check back in a couple of days to see the other 3 designs):
 
 
.

A bridal bouquet made of crocheted roses, silk leaves, ribbon and glass pearl beads
 
A wrist corsage made with coordinating flowers and embellishments.
 

 
And a boutonniere for the men made with similar roses, flowers, beads and leaves.
 
 
When I got married there were many DIY elements in our day. I thought you would like to see some of them: 
 
My mother and grandmother made all of the flower arrangements for the church decorations and each bridesmaid wore their corsage-like accessory in their hair.
 
 
 
 The men wore handmade boutonnieres as you can see here in this photo of my mom and dad.
 
 
 
Similar fabric and silk flowers were also used in the bridal bouquet along with some real coral roses.
 
 
 
My mother also re-designed her wedding gown to fit me and include the features I liked.
 
 As I look back on all of my wedding photos, I am reminded of how beautiful all of the flower arrangements and decorations looked. 
All of these special DIY projects are still around today and have become treasured keepsakes of our wedding and the people that shared in it with us.
 
 
My grandmother and grandfather at our ceremony
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment