Welcome to the old website for
Celtic Knot Crochet -


Everything that was here plus oodles of NEW content including more Celtic Knot designs, FREE crochet patterns, links to video tutorials and MORE! has now moved to:




www.celticknotcrochet.com




Please popover and visit us there!
Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Susan Lowman - The Crochet Architect



I met Susan almost 3 years ago at a CGOA conference. I enjoyed her gentle spirit and warm smile while we talked.  After that conference we were able to keep in touch via email and our friendship grew.   She is very generous with her time and advice about crochet, designing, publishing and being a mom.  In the photo above you will notice that both of us are wearing similar necklaces.

These are Faux Tatted Necklaces designed by Susan(www.thecrochetarchitect.com).

I took Susan's class to make this necklace at the 2014 CGOA conference in Manchester, NH and was able to wear my creation by the end of the 3-hours.  It was great to finish such a unique and pretty project with Susan's help.  I love the look of tatting but have not learned it yet so this was a perfect way to get the look by using crochet.




You can buy this pattern (which includes thorough explanations on how to do this technique) on Susan's website here.  At the class Susan had several necklaces and bracelets on display using a variety of beads, buttons and thread colors in the design.




Susan has many other beautiful patterns for sale in her shop - I especially like this one -
 The Kauni Poncho.

Today I am featuring Susan because of her giving heart and her love of crochet.  She has mentored me in many ways and serves others like me through her passion for crochet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment