Welcome to the old website for
Celtic Knot Crochet -


Everything that was here plus oodles of NEW content including more Celtic Knot designs, FREE crochet patterns, links to video tutorials and MORE! has now moved to:




www.celticknotcrochet.com




Please popover and visit us there!
Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Kerry Shrug - from Prize-winning Glendalough Shrug (Celtic Knot Shrug)


Many people have asked on this blog and Facebook if the pattern for my Glendalough Shrug (that won 2nd prize in the Fashion Category of the CGOA 2012 Design Competition) is available.

Well, the knot in this shrug is very intricate and challenging to weave.


 
 
 
So, when Carol Alexander (Editor of Crochet! magazine) asked me if I would publish my design in Crochet!, I decided to create a shrug with a less-complicated Celtic Knot but a similar style.
Here it is:  The "Kerry Shrug"
 
 
(Photo courtesy of Annie's)


I have posted some tips and photos of how to weave this knot on a page you'll see listed on the LEFT of this blog.

The yarn I used for this design is :
Sassy Skein Key West Karibbean Kotton Kollection - #107 Kiwi
available at www.sassyskein.com

It is wonderful yarn - They have many beautiful and vibrant colors in 2 different weights.  I love that it is a perfect weight and sheen for spring and summer.  Plus, the company has been great to work with.



I made one of these shrugs for myself and when I wore it last week in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I received many compliments - mostly from strangers!  I hope you enjoy making and wearing (or giving as a gift) this unique and eye-catching garment. :)

Crochet! Magazine - Spring 2013 - can be found in stores and newsstands everywhere on 4/2 or can be purchased on-line (now) at - www.crochetmagazine.com

By visiting the above website you can watch a short video preview of all of the other great designs in this issue.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog on Pinterest and I like it very much :) I love Irish knots but haven't tried them out yet. However, your works will definitely inspire me some time in the future.
    I wish you all the best, please visit my blogs if you have time:
    http://jelenacreative.blogspot.com/
    http://krpenalutkica.blogspot.com/

    Kind regards!
    Jelena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying this one last time: I would really love to have one of the Glendalough Shrugs, but with the sleeve length of the Kerry Shrug. Do you know anyone who makes and sells these to order? Please respond to DianeP0529@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete